Friday 25 June 2010

100 not out

To celebrate my hundredth post, I'll not tell you about another artist's death, but show you the cover for Art... and that.


The latest anthology from the Paper Jam Comics Collective, of course, you'll already have seen this if you frequent the PJCC blog. I had a lot of bother with this one, I wanted a balance of Western, non-Western, male and female artists, but had to eliminate some (Tracey Emin and Takashi Murakami) purely because the images of their work I'd chosen just didn't fit with the composition. I did, however make a few last minute changes, including the Sigmar Polke piece as soon as I found out he'd died. Being a painting, I don't think it fits as well as the others, which are for the most part, sculptures. You can have a point for each of the artists, and a bonus point of you can name any of the art works (if applicable).

Art... and that will be released at the end of July.

3 comments:

Terracotta-Lily said...

I luff luff luff it! I shall proudly pimp it out.
Boy done good, I hadn't noticed the balance but it's there, subtle and lovely. Brava.

Gary said...

Wow, thanks for the kind words, Lily!

Daniel said...

I love it. I can't wait for the Sugar Glider cover to be posted here.